Safety Is Everyone’s Concern! We live and breath a safety culture. Professional truck drivers are at risk of sprains and strains caused in part by slip and falls while getting in or out of trucks.
Three-points of contact form a triangle of anchor points, which changes in form when mounting or dismounting a truck. Always use the three point of contact system. Here are some helpful tips for entering and exiting a truck:
- Mount and dismount only when the equipment is stopped.
- Don’t ever jump off a truck — landing exerts 12 times your body weight on your joints.
- Take extra care in wet, snowy or icy weather.
- Don’t carry items in your free hand — place them on the vehicle floor and retrieve them once you’re on the ground.
- Don’t use tires or wheel hubs as a step surface.
- Never use the door frame or door edge as a handhold.
We hope that the above tips help in injury prevention. If you have feedback and suggestions, send details to email@example.com