Safety Is Everyone’s Concern! We live and breath a safety culture. As a professional truck driver Parking for the Night can have its safety challenges. Some safety tips are:
- Keep contact information on hand for who you can contact when parked at a customer site.
- Inform your carrier of your location.
- Secure your doors in addition to locking them. Some drivers use a stick or pole to keep the door locks compressed, or straps and safety clips to secure the doors so they cannot be opened. Make sure that any locks or restraints used do not impede your ability to leave the vehicle in an emergency.
- Cover your windows so you and your possessions are not visible. Use your dash cam to record activity outside.
- Use your airhorn if there is danger. Tie a rope or fishing line around the pull so you can reach it from where you sleep.
- Keep your cell phone close, and if needed call 911.
- Always keep your safety top of mind if you don’t feel safe don’t park there.
We hope that the above tips help you with parking your rig for the night. If you have feedback and suggestions, send details to firstname.lastname@example.org